The European Commission released its 'Fit for 55' climate package as part of the European Green Deal in July 2021. The package aims at bringing all existing climate and energy-related initiatives in line with the EU's new 2030 55% greenhouse gas emission reductions targets. The new set of legislation will significantly impact all the businesses within the EU. The First AmCham Sustainability Conference – championed by the AmCham EU Green Deal Working Group - will take a closer look at how this complex climate package will affect companies, and how leaders can leverage these changes.
Upon registration, please indicate which breakout session you prefer to attend in the 'Your Comments to the Organizers' section at the bottom.
09:00-09:10: Welcome Remarks by Zoltán Szabó, President, AmCham Hungary
09:10-10:10: Keynote Speeches by
- Attila Steiner, State Secretary for the Development of Circular Economy, Energy and Climate Policy, Ministry for Innovation and Technology (confirmed)
- Gábor Baranyai, Deputy Permanent Representative, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary, Permanent Representation of Hungary to the EU (confirmed)
- Speaker to be confirmed
10:25-11:10: Fit For 55 Package: Country Impacts with
- Barbara Botos, Deputy State for Climate Policy, Ministry for Innovation and Technology (confirmed)
- István Bart, Founder and Director, Climate Strategy Institute 2050 (confirmed)
- Representative of an AmCham member company
- Moderator: Thomas Narbeshuber, Vice President Central & South East Europe, BASF (confirmed)
11:10-11:25: Best Practice Speeches
11:25-11:55: Break and Networking
11:55-13:10: Fit For 55 Package: Corporate Impacts – Break-out Sessions
- Clean Energy
- Circular Economy
- Sustainable Financing and EU Taxonomy
13:10-14:30: Lunch and Networking
Host of the Conference: Írisz Lippai-Nagy, Chief Executive Officer, AmCham Hungary
Please note that the agenda is subject to change.
The event will be held in English without translation.
The event is open for AmCham members and non-members as well.
- AmCham members: HUF 30,000 + VAT / person
- Non-AmCham members: HUF 40,000 + VAT / person
Location: Kempinski Hotel Corvinus Budapest
According to effective regulations, attendees must present the AmCham staff upon arrival a picture ID and a certificate of immunity against SARS-CoV-2 (Card OR App)
Participants are required to wear a mask.