We at AmCham Hungary are deeply saddened by the mortifying conflict in Ukraine that has been going on for more than a week now. Our thoughts are with the people of Ukraine and sincerely hope for a peaceful solution as soon as possible.
We would like to encourage you as individuals and our member companies too, if you have the opportunity, try and help by supporting an organization of your choice.
Below you can find some recommendations:
Hungarian Red Cross
- In Hungary: Call 1359 charity line or support by bank transfer:10405004-00026548-00000009- with the subject „humanitárius válság”.
- From abroad: For bank transfer use this IBAN number: HU32 1040 5004 0002 6548 0000 0009, and Swift code: OKHBHUHB, Bank’s name: K&H Bank Zrt., Bank’s address: 1095 Budapest, Lechner Ödön fasor 9., Subject: humanitárius válság
Hungarian Maltese Charity Service
- Call 1350 charity line or support by bank transfer: 11784009-20200776 account number
Hungarian Interchurch Aid (Magyar Ökumenikus Segélyszervezet)
- Call or text charity line 1350
Segítségnyújtás (Ukrajna, Kárpátalja)🙏🏻 Допомога українцям Facebook Group
Budapest Bike Maffia Association
- Web: https://bikemaffia.com/en/home/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/budapestbikemaffia/photos/gm.995931881344926/5212983688725983/
- Email: info [at] bikemaffia.com
UNICEF Hungarian Committee Foundation:
International Rescue Committee
Tabletochki: This foundation has been supporting children with cancer for 10 years. They procure medicines, equipment, and arrange overseas treatment, among other things.
Helping the elderly
Starenki: This organization supports the elderly by providing food, hygene products, medicine.
Blood Donation Charity
Donor UA: It is an automated system for recruiting and managing blood donors, designed to promote the donor movement in Ukraine. You can help by signing up and donating blood or by supporting the project with money donation.
Charities supporting the war effort (non-lethal)
Hospitallers: This is a medical battalion consisting of volunteer paramedics and doctors to save the lives of soldiers on the frontline, evacuate the wounded, help with rehabilitation. They crowdfund for vehicle repair, and to buy fuel, medical supplies.
Donbas SOS: Organization dedicated to help civilians in the Donbas warzone, displaced people, refugees, and prisoners of war by coordinating humanitarian aid, medical support, legal aid with other NGOs; providing accomodation, etc.
Sirius: The largest shelter in Ukraine for stray animals. They crowdfund for medicine, food, shelters, other animal needs.
We will continue to update this list.